About Me

My photo
Self-published author with 3 books out there dealing with the darker side of life through poetry, short stories, observations and sketches. 'Love or Suicide and the Life In-between', 'this heat, it's hell closing in on me' and 'Words to be performed from under a table by the last of us'. Can't live without music (heavy metal and soundtrack's especially), film buff (sci-fi floats my boat), anime watcher (old school mainly), book reader (anything that captures my interest), gamer (PS4/Xbox-One), gym pumper and all round geek.

Sunday 24 July 2011

A busy 3 weeks...

...is almost to an end.  By the end of this week, I would have been to 4 mighty concerts and spent 4 days in The Lakes...a busy 3 weeks!  My concert blog will be next weekend...today is all about The Lakes.

I experienced Windermere and Bowness in August of last year and have vowed to make it a yearly break, so 2 weeks ago, me and my girl spent 4 days in The Lakes...and it was great!!  Our first day had us wandering around Windermere and Bowness before spending the night on a Jazz cruise complete with live music, a buffet and a 2 and a half hour cruise over the lake.  It was so relaxing, the Jazz band were excellent, the food was good, and the weather was amazing!  The second day had us taking a map and venturing out over the massive walks through a scenery of green before hiring a motorboat and taking it out on the lake for an hour.  We also went to see Beatrix Potter's actual house where she created the Peter Rabbit books.  The third day we went to the Lakes Aquarium and on the fourth day we did a bit of shopping and then visited the Lakeland Wildlife Oasis which is home to some amazing animals and the gorgeous snow leopard.






Inbetween, we managed to fit in 2 rounds of pitch and putt, eat out a couple of times and just relax in some of the most beautiful surroundings with some of the best weather I have seen.  It really is a magical place, I cannot recommend it more than I am...and the fact that from where I live, it is about 70 miles away is extraordinary!!!  So, enjoy the photos above...but believe me, they do not do justice to The Lakes!!      

1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic! Now looking forward to the gigs blog!
    Elpi

    ReplyDelete