About Me

My photo
Self-published author with 3 books out there dealing with the darker side of life through poetry, short stories, observations and sketches. 'Love or Suicide and the Life In-between', 'this heat, it's hell closing in on me' and 'Words to be performed from under a table by the last of us'. Can't live without music (heavy metal and soundtrack's especially), film buff (sci-fi floats my boat), anime watcher (old school mainly), book reader (anything that captures my interest), gamer (PS4/Xbox-One), gym pumper and all round geek.

Saturday 2 February 2013

January done...

...already!! How quick has this month gone?!?!?!? My New Years resolution to write very day has been kept so far with several projects getting a look in over the month. I have even started a new project, my 'superhero' project which is well under way. I am just laying down the ground work before getting to the good stuff of being a superhero - although my story will focus on the perils and disadvantages of having super powers and will be a very realistic look at the effects this will have on an individual. My book, 'Love or Suicide and the Life Inbetween' (more samples below) is still selling well and the feedback I am getting is very positive.

Away from writing, I managed to see Lincoln. A masterclass in acting from all involved and a very interesting film despite it being very talky. Work is work - it pays the bills. My first concert isn't until March and it will be the mighty Crazy World Of Arthur Brown...how cool will that be?!?!?!?!

Music wise, I am getting more into the Death Metal scene more than I have done in the past - especially Cannibal Corpse. I still listen to an obscene amount of Devin Townsend (well, he is a genius) and Lana Del Rey. Been playing Doom 3 on the PS3 (see below) and have been having the crap scared out of me a fair few times now. I have to counter balance it by also playing Lego Lord of the Rings and F1 2012!!!

Finished reading Frankenstein which is excellent - my sympathy for both creator and monster kept switching! Continued my travels with Dante in The Divine Comedy for a few weeks and am now deciding wether to start American Psycho or World Without A Superman...choices, choices, choices!!!

Think that's about it really. Back to it!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment