About Me

My photo
Self-published author with 3 books out there dealing with the darker side of life through poetry, short stories, observations and sketches. 'Love or Suicide and the Life In-between', 'this heat, it's hell closing in on me' and 'Words to be performed from under a table by the last of us'. Can't live without music (heavy metal and soundtrack's especially), film buff (sci-fi floats my boat), anime watcher (old school mainly), book reader (anything that captures my interest), gamer (PS4/Xbox-One), gym pumper and all round geek.

Thursday 21 April 2011

Its the holiday...

...the bank holiday to be precise, 4 glorious days off work then a short week and another 4 glorious days off!  Joy and more joy!!  I plan to get some quality writing time done as well as enjoying the sunshine, clearing out some junk from the house and watching the new series of the mighty Doctor Who.

I am also going to spend an obscene amount of time on my PS3.  Yes, I am a gamer...a hardcore gamer!  At the moment I am playing the excellent Fallout: New Vegas which has you wander a desolate land where bottle caps are currency, do all sorts of missions, meet all sorts of characters, make all sorts of moral decisions...it really is a world onto itself!  In fact, I recommend it to any writers out there. 

Games like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Fallout 3, Dead Space, Silent Hill, and many many more are full of great writing, brilliant characters, story lines that twist, turn and shock and moments that are as emotionally engaging than any film out there.  In fact, games like Metal Gear Solid 4 with its final cut scene clocking in at nearly 90 minutes long become an entity like nothing else.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also so looking forward to the new Doctor Who. And noticed you've read and love Homer. Fantastic stuff! Love your blog. Hadn't seen it before. Enjoy the bank holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Elpi, thanks for the kind words. Just started up my blog, taking advice from The Writing Magazine! You know what first got me into Homer...do you remember a cartoon called Ulysses 31? For me its the best cartoon series ever made and it was based on The Odyssey. New Doctor Who does look pretty damn good, I think Matt Smith is brilliant!! Enjoy your bank holiday too!x
    Oh by the way, do you have a blog?x

    ReplyDelete