About Me

My photo
Self-published author with 3 books out there dealing with the darker side of life through poetry, short stories, observations and sketches. 'Love or Suicide and the Life In-between', 'this heat, it's hell closing in on me' and 'Words to be performed from under a table by the last of us'. Can't live without music (heavy metal and soundtrack's especially), film buff (sci-fi floats my boat), anime watcher (old school mainly), book reader (anything that captures my interest), gamer (PS4/Xbox-One), gym pumper and all round geek.

Saturday 23 April 2011

Sunday morning...

...the birds are being especially loud this morning, the cat is out mooching about, hiding behind the shed, chasing bees and generally just being a butt!

So, new Doctor Who last night and it was very good!  A intriguing story, good acting (as always) and a darker start to the season.  Also good to see Battlestar Galactica's Mark Sheppard back on screen.  It even went a bit Watchmen when the alien blew up the woman in the toilet!

After that, me and my girl watched The Box...Richard 'Donnie Darko' Kelly's 3rd film as director.  It was good...pretty good...sort of good...a little confusing...a bit talky...but it was good!!  As you can probably tell, I can't quite make up my mind about it.  I did enjoy it but it is definitely not as good as Donnie Darko or Southland Tales.  It does have an intriguing story and it does leave it open to personal interpretation which is something that most films don't do these days, most films signpost and explain everything without taking many if any risks.  It is worth watching though.

Anyways, back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment