About Me

My photo
Self-published author with 3 books out there dealing with the darker side of life through poetry, short stories, observations and sketches. 'Love or Suicide and the Life In-between', 'this heat, it's hell closing in on me' and 'Words to be performed from under a table by the last of us'. Can't live without music (heavy metal and soundtrack's especially), film buff (sci-fi floats my boat), anime watcher (old school mainly), book reader (anything that captures my interest), gamer (PS4/Xbox-One), gym pumper and all round geek.

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Writing...

...is obviously why I am here, why I started this blog, why I have a Facebook page and ultimately what I want to be remembered for. 

So, Easter weekend, I managed to get some writing done.  Finished off, proof read and posted my 750 short story for The Writing Magazine competition.  I also finished off, proof read and posted off a poetry mini competition for The Writing Magazine which was all about rhyming slang.  I have started work on another short story competition for The Writing Magazine which has to be about fairies and has to appeal to adults...no children's fairy stories this time!

I have been entering these competitions fairly consistently over the last 4 years and have been shortlisted twice for my poetry which is something I am very proud of.  I also write poetry for The Erotic Woman website and have had 4 published on the site which again, I am very proud of.  I do dream of writing an Oscar winning film or a poem as complex and vivid as Homer or even a television series as well written as Battlestar Galactica or The Shield...maybe one day!!

So for now, I write as much as I can (having a full time, stressful job can get in the way) and enter as many competitions as possible whilst searching and seeking through my brain for that one piece of originality that may get me noticed. 

Back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment