About Me

My photo
Self-published author with 3 books out there dealing with the darker side of life through poetry, short stories, observations and sketches. 'Love or Suicide and the Life In-between', 'this heat, it's hell closing in on me' and 'Words to be performed from under a table by the last of us'. Can't live without music (heavy metal and soundtrack's especially), film buff (sci-fi floats my boat), anime watcher (old school mainly), book reader (anything that captures my interest), gamer (PS4/Xbox-One), gym pumper and all round geek.

Monday 30 May 2011

Antichrist...

...what a film!  I watched it Saturday afternoon and it completely blew me away.  Its gorgeous, shocking, brilliant, disturbing, arty, vile, amazing...its everything!  Its also brilliantly acted and directed with a unique style...incredible!  Anyone reading this who wants to see something they probably haven't seen before should really watch it. 

It also inspired me and I spent the following 80 minutes writing poetry; some of which is below.  Read, enjoy, comment, get to it.
Birth

Cracking and spitting, the violence,
this disguise of new life is ripped,
a metaphor for the end,
a scream of silence and freedom.

A twig snaps underfoot,
a carcass opens its eyes,
breathes a snow sunset
and flies on a wave of memory.

And so this beginning, this birth,
mere cement for a frail humanity,
moral support in a demoralised land,
a stage of cripple and wealth.

We cradle and burp a bastard sigh,
we congratulate suffering and disease,
and by cutting the single life cord,
we prove this metaphor for the end.

At arms length

See that line pissed on the floor,
don't cross it, don't look at it.
See that barrier staring from my eyes,
don't question it, don't point at it.
See that silence coming from my mouth,
don't answer it, don't reach at it.

At arms length I stay,
at arms length I live,
at arms length I breath,
at arms length I am.

See that empty space I occupy,
don't fill it, don't dress at it.
See that hatred filling the air,
don't purify it, don't pity at it.
See that death over my shoulder,
don't bother it, don't forgive at it.

At arms length I wait,
at arms length I run,
at arms length I lust,
at arms length I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment