About Me

My photo
Self-published author with 3 books out there dealing with the darker side of life through poetry, short stories, observations and sketches. 'Love or Suicide and the Life In-between', 'this heat, it's hell closing in on me' and 'Words to be performed from under a table by the last of us'. Can't live without music (heavy metal and soundtrack's especially), film buff (sci-fi floats my boat), anime watcher (old school mainly), book reader (anything that captures my interest), gamer (PS4/Xbox-One), gym pumper and all round geek.

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Body Count...

...is on the stereo system!  Damn, its takes me back.  Ice T's metal band which combined rap and metal and did it brilliantly, especially on the debut album simply titled Body Count.  Yes, it was controversial with it's Cop Killer track (which was later removed from the album) but it still rocks as an album!!

As you can probably tell, I am a heavy metal music lover!  Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Cradle Of Filth, Devin Townsend...I could go on forever.  I also love David Bowie, The Divine Comedy, Johnny Cash, Frank Zappa, The Beatles...again, I could go on forever.  I am also into Soundtrack scores, Jazz and even some dance.  I think the reason I like so many different artists and varied styles of music is because the first band I really heard and got into was Queen.  They did it all...rock, dance, pop, opera, classical, groove, blues, metal...everything!  For me, I think their first 6 albums are incredible, especially Sheer Heart Attack...what an album!

To be honest, I don't listen to alot of the 'new' bands and artists that are out there now.  Maybe someone can recommend some to me?  you will never get another band like The Beatles or Queen or Led Zeppelin...it just will not happen!!

Anyways, it was a lazy day on Monday; TV and food basically.  Now and again, it's good to have one of those days.  Then its been back to work as normal!  At least it's closer to the weekend than it was at the start of the week!!  Back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment