About Me

My photo
Self-published author with 3 books out there dealing with the darker side of life through poetry, short stories, observations and sketches. 'Love or Suicide and the Life In-between', 'this heat, it's hell closing in on me' and 'Words to be performed from under a table by the last of us'. Can't live without music (heavy metal and soundtrack's especially), film buff (sci-fi floats my boat), anime watcher (old school mainly), book reader (anything that captures my interest), gamer (PS4/Xbox-One), gym pumper and all round geek.

Saturday 7 May 2011

RIP Seve...

...what an absolute legend!  What an absolute magician on the golf course!  What a man!

I was heavily into Golf when I was younger.  I was a member of Haigh Hall Golf Club and won many trophies and medals playing in competitions.  It really was my life, to the point that I wanted to turn professional and pursue it as a career.  I practised and practised and even began to study it as if it was a subject in school.  I was pretty good too; my handicap was 12 and I even had the privilege of being the Junior Captain one year.   Circumstances meant it became a hobby and nowadays a rarity.  I still watch it though with my girl and truly believed that Seve would return to the golf course.  Unfortunately life is life.  It isn't just the man that will be missed but his presence.  The game of golf has truly lost a great legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment