About Me

My photo
Self-published author with 3 books out there dealing with the darker side of life through poetry, short stories, observations and sketches. 'Love or Suicide and the Life In-between', 'this heat, it's hell closing in on me' and 'Words to be performed from under a table by the last of us'. Can't live without music (heavy metal and soundtrack's especially), film buff (sci-fi floats my boat), anime watcher (old school mainly), book reader (anything that captures my interest), gamer (PS4/Xbox-One), gym pumper and all round geek.

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Roger Waters...

...the genius that is Roger Waters!  And I will have the absolute pleasure of seeing him perform The Wall in full, live on Saturday night in Manchester!!  I never 'got' Pink Floyd.  I had listened to Dark Side and Wish You Were Here and Piper, but I never 'got' them.  That is until I listened to The Wall...and it blew me away!  Then I 'got' them.  Dark Side and Wish You Were Here made sense, Piper and Saucerful sent me to space, Atom Heart Mother became my soundtrack when bus travelling and The Wall inspired me.  I also fell in love with The Final Cut which is so full of emotion and pain, the speakers bleed!  I did see Roger Waters do a solo tour in 2002 which consisted of Floyd and solo stuff and that was amazing...but...the chance to see The Wall in full is one of those moments in life when you pay what you need to pay and experience it.  It isn't gonna happen again!! 

So that will be my Saturday night, expect a blog report and some photos Sunday daytime!  In the meantime, I wanted to share some more of my poetry.  Enjoy!!

Judgement Comes

The wooden chorus aloft with song,
encases a journey just begun,
while sullen mourners preach from above,
an awakening gorges from below.

Unshackled from this corpse flower,
whispered release from this restraint,
our tragic Earth now an observation,
its beyond now a grandeur stir.

The smell of rampant desire,
the taste of honey and sulphur,
the touch of an endless tragedy,
the sight of heaven and hell.

Our mirrored belief now home,
an eternity incarnate through dusk,
what awaits a reflection of shadows,
salvation or damnation?

And when contempt realisation floods,
and when midnight regret crawls,
and when that tainted darkness chokes,
and when slaughter and torture begin...

...it begins...and will never end.

For the difference between good and evil,
is all the more obvious after our last breath,
after our last thought and final heartbeat,
after silence takes over,
when the body is cold,
the brain stops,
the blood dries,
colour drains,
and then...
...judgement comes.

Back to it!




No comments:

Post a Comment