About Me

My photo
Self-published author with 3 books out there dealing with the darker side of life through poetry, short stories, observations and sketches. 'Love or Suicide and the Life In-between', 'this heat, it's hell closing in on me' and 'Words to be performed from under a table by the last of us'. Can't live without music (heavy metal and soundtrack's especially), film buff (sci-fi floats my boat), anime watcher (old school mainly), book reader (anything that captures my interest), gamer (PS4/Xbox-One), gym pumper and all round geek.

Saturday 28 May 2011

What a long week...

...its been!  So, I work in a factory producing injection plastic mouldings for cars...bumpers, interior, door substrates etc.  I work on Quality as a Technician but am half managing the department at the moment because our manager left about 6 weeks ago.  Do I enjoy working there?  Work wouldn't be work if you enjoyed it!  I keep my head down, do the best job I can and get a decent wage packet at the end of the month...nuff said!!  Its been a long week though because I was off site for 2 days, done a fair bit of overtime and its been busy...but hey, it makes the week go faster and at least I have a job; the thought of being made redundant or struggling to find a job is not a happy thought!!

Anyways, I didn't start this blog to talk about work...lets talk about writing!  I got a load done last week.  I updated my Facebook page, blogged, wrote a erotic poem, sent another poem off to a competition and also started a short story ready for a competition.  This week will hopefully be as productive; I feel like I am still in the zone!  So, more Facebook updates, this blog (obviously), more work on the short story, some more poetry and maybe even some more erotica (if the mood takes me).  I have included a poem I wrote last week below; read, enjoy, comment,  lets get to it!!


Breath

Trapped inside this faceless shell,
my true being hidden and hurt,
saddened and naked travelled and weary,
a freedom desired, a reality lost.

Why do we shiver and cower,
our self loathing evident and on show,
freaks screaming in silence,
bleeding emotions empty and vanish.

Better to please boxed strangers,
burn our own paper bridges,
and ground the suicidal souls,
destined to meet again.

But all they say is 'that's life',
a sick twisted joke already written,
its punch line forever sought,
trapped inside this faceless shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment