About Me

My photo
Self-published author with 3 books out there dealing with the darker side of life through poetry, short stories, observations and sketches. 'Love or Suicide and the Life In-between', 'this heat, it's hell closing in on me' and 'Words to be performed from under a table by the last of us'. Can't live without music (heavy metal and soundtrack's especially), film buff (sci-fi floats my boat), anime watcher (old school mainly), book reader (anything that captures my interest), gamer (PS4/Xbox-One), gym pumper and all round geek.

Saturday 14 May 2011

White mice...

...the sweet variety, how scrummy are they?!?!?!?  You can just taste the sugar; 3 for £1 at thasda!  I digress blogger readers, it's Saturday, it's been a busy week in work but another 2 writing competitions have been completed and sent off.  A first line poetry competition and a short story competition; the subject being an adult fairy story, the first paragraph is below as a teaser:

It began when Lucifer first shed tears. That moment when the angel Lucifer questioned His will and vanished from Heaven forever. It sent a wave of ripples throughout the mighty kingdom and sparked a massive revolt forcing God to shut the white pearly gates. Those Angels that were in Heaven remained Angels, those that followed Lucifer became Devils and those caught up in between became fairies.

So, at the moment, my girl is watching the football as I see what competitions are coming up in The Writing Magazine as well as online.  I am not listening to some death metal today, something the complete opposite; Bee Gees.  Now don't laugh, you there, at the back, stop laughing!!  The Bee Gees have written some of the greatest songs ever and I especially love the very early stuff so go out and get some Bee Gees.  New Doctor Who is on later as well as Have I Got News For You and then maybe a film to round off the day.  I can't believe that it is half way through May already, how fast is this year going?!?!?!?  Thing is, I can physically and mentally tell that the year is flying by, it will be Christmas before you know it and then another year is gone!!

Anyways, best get back to it!

2 comments:

  1. You put me to shame. Work all week and a bunch of stories? Well done. Oh and about the Bee Gees? I'll stop laughing if you don't laugh when I one day post about Britney Spears and how I love her music! Haha!
    Anyway, hope you read the letters to the editor in WM. :-)
    Happy writing
    Elpi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose everyone is allowed a guilty pleasure when it comes to music! I did read your letter in WM...congrats on both the subject and getting it in the WM. ;-)

    ReplyDelete